Friday, February 10, 2006

the thing about crisis

It's been a little over a week since surgery. I'm really pleased to discover how well I'm actually doing; there's little pain, and mentally I'm beginning to wake up. Tomorrow, I think that I'll start work again. There's no reason I can't have some productive web time for a change.

Emotionally, the nights are still a struggle. I still think a little too much about the choices that I've made, and what I should have done.

There's a note of grace in every day. I have some amazing friends, and they have offered me a level of support that I'm amazed at. For all the choices I've made, I know that I've done something right to have these people in my life.

There's this thing about crisis; it burns fierce and hot and it hurts. I had choices, and they've changed. I've lost a set of possibilities, and I can't help but wish that I didn't. I hope to hell this teaches me something new, that I get grow. I hope I become tempered by this. Most of all, I hope for grace.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I don't have the ability to grant grace, but I can link to you. Welcome to the blog world! Looking forward to more entries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home