Friday, March 03, 2006

lessons from a (too) long convalescence


Alright, I admit; I'm a bad, bad blogger. For someone who basically makes a living writing, I must admit that I've been a slacker about updating a voluntary blog. In my own defence, I'm really boring right now. Lying around doing nothing 95% of the day doesn't leave me with much to talk about. The absolutely worst part of it has been that I've only finished one, that's right, one project- a hat for R.

So, some lessons that I've learned during my four weeks of convalescence:
1. Doing nothing has its own inertia. When I'm lying in bed, and I'm too lazy to change the channel from Judge Judy, you know I have a problem...
2. Daytime television is actually addictive. Very addictive. Dr. Phil can be totally fascinating-really.
3. Cats really aren't trying to comfort the sick person by curling up and purring. They're really just bed-hopping kitty whores who love warmth.
4. Laundry and housework falls to the bottom of the list really quickly.
5. Thinking that I'm going to get a lot of work done on the diss and on the web pages...not gonna happen.
6. The kindness of strangers-ain't nothing compared to the kindness of friends, but boy, the cancer card can get you out of paying library fines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home